Thy's Makeup Essentials
Many people view makeup as a way to hide flaws and imperfections, but I see it as a way to express myself and to be creative. I only recently fell in love with makeup in the past two years. Ever since then, I have the strong urge to collect different eyeshadow palettes and drop my money on all the highlighters (especially by Fenty Beauty). While I have a lot of makeup, there are products that I cannot survive without. These products are for the girls and boys who are just starting makeup or for anybody, like myself, who wants to condense their collection to the essentials.
(Click on images if you're interested in purchasing products.)
1. Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion: This eyeshadow primer is my favorite! It makes blending eyeshadows even easier and makes colors pop. With this primer, my eyeshadow looks last all day, even for music festivals.
2. Morphe x Jaclyn Hill The Vault Collection: We all know and love the famous Jaclyn Hill Palette from Morphe, but I actually love her Vault Collection even more. It includes four different palettes that have different color stories. You can choose to buy the whole collection (which is so worth it) or individual palettes (if you only want a certain color story). I love this collection so much because it is the perfect size for traveling.
3. Lunar Beauty Life’s A Drag Eyeshadow Palette: When I purchased this palette, I didn’t think I would love it as much as I do. It is such a versatile palette that can be used for simple, every day looks as well as for colorful, festival looks. It also has a cute mirror and a brush included.
4. Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow: This gives any eyeshadow look the perfect sparkle. I love the liquid eyeshadows because they’re super pigmented and makes it even easier to do a cut crease!
5. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream Skin Perfector: I am not a huge fan of foundation because it feels too heavy for my skin. This product is perfect for people who want a base but do not like foundation either! It is moisturizing and feels really light. It is also not an expensive product.
6. Fenty Beauty Match Stix Matte Skinstick: This is my favorite product for contouring! It is extremely easy to blend (making contouring a quick process) and makes your face looks chiseled and naturally contoured. The size makes it so easy to throw in my makeup bag.
7. Fenty Beauty Killawatt Highlighter in “Trophy Wife” & Diamond Bomb in “How Many Carats?!”: HIGHLIGHTING IS MY FAVORITE PART! I love a glowy or even glittery look. I cannot live without these two highlighters. “Trophy Wife” is a gorgeous, glittery gold (A little goes a long way, but sometimes I get too excited). “How Many Carats?!”, on the other hand, always makes me feel like I’m dripped in diamonds.
8. Morphe x Bretman Rock Babe in Paradise Highlighter Palette: This is another one of my favorite highlighters. It is only $30 for 6 shades, a brush, and cute packaging! All of the shades are gorg, and the palette is made for all skin tones. Also, who doesn’t love Bretman Rock?!
9. Maybelline FitMe Blush: I have tried so many blushes from Tarte to NARS, but I always go back to using Maybelline. It is pigmented and gives you a natural color to your face.
10. Baby Coco Lash Signature Set & Lilly Lashes in "Mykonos": Lashes are the perfect cherry on top to your makeup looks. Without falsies, I feel like my look is incomplete. The Signature Set from Baby Coco Lash is perfect for everyday and even for glam looks. This is one of my favorites because it looks so natural but also full. Furthermore, Lilly Lashes is one of my favorite brands. It is a little pricey, but they’re worth it if you don’t mind dropping about $30. If you take care of them, you can rewear them 25 times!
11. Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb in FU$$Y: This will always be my go-to lip! It is the perfect gloss and shade that goes with every look. Not only is it moisturizing and gives your lips a plump, glowy look, it also tastes good!
12. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: This is a must-have! I owe it to this product for my makeup lasting all day at music festivals. It keeps my highlight poppin’ for hours and hours. You can even spray it on your brush to make glittery shadows more pigmented. While it is a little expensive, it does last for a long time!
I hope that my makeup essentials are helpful, and that ya’ll PULP fam love these products as much as I do! Now, let’s beat our faces and get that highlight poppin’.