While International Women’s Day was just celebrated on March 8th, the month of March is actually Women’s History Month. This month commemorates the importance of women and highlights our struggles throughout history. It is a month to remind us that we need to support and inspire each other as well as love and celebrate ourselves as women. To continue the celebration, here are some empowering women:
1. Rihanna: Who isn’t in love with THE Bad Gal RiRi?! Not only did she grow her fame from her successful albums, but she is a businesswoman. Rihanna owns a cosmetic line known as Fenty Beauty and her own lingerie line, Savage X Fenty. She emphasizes heavily on inclusivity by creating make up for all shade ranges as well as including models of all body types and races.
2. Remi Ashten: Remi is a well-known YouTuber and social media influencer. She has recently gone through a weight loss and has shared her journey all throughout her YouTube videos. Remi shares the realistic and healthy lifestyle to lose weight, and it is amazing to see her transformation as well as how happy and confident she is now.
3. Nikita Dragun: Miss Nikita Dragun is another YouTuber and influencer. She represents Asians as well as transsexuals within the beauty community. Nikita is a huge advocate for the LGBTQ community and has shared her story throughout her videos. I love Nikita because she is always so confident and inspires women to be just as confident.
4. Young Baby Coco: Coco is a well-known influencer and is the girlfriend to rapper, Pouya. However, there is a lot more to this strong woman. Unfortunately, Coco was diagnoised with stage 3 cancer, but she has been incredibly cheerful and hopeful throughout and has only been generous to her fans and supporters. Coco also encourages women to love their bodies and is a role model for body positivity. In addition, she is a smart businesswoman, owning Baby Coco Lash, the best company to get gorgeous, natural-looking falsies!
5. Slick Woods: She is a beautiful supermodel that represents inclusivity and uniqueness with her gap-tooth and shaved head. She breaks all of the beauty standards and proves them completely wrong. Furthermore, she is very opened about her sexuality and has shared her story of once being homeless. Slick Woods is well-known for modeling for Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty and Savage x Fenty. Not only is she a successful model in the game, she is also a mother to a baby boy.
6. Constance Wu: She is an Asian-American actress, well-known for her role as Jessica Huang in the TV show, Fresh Off the Boat. Recently, she was the lead role for the film, Crazy Rich Asians. The film was praised and loved due to the fact that the movie casted a majority of Asian-Americans. Not many Asians are well-represented within Hollywood movies, especially with lead roles. Constance Wu also advocates positivity and women’s rights throughout her social media and has even supported Michelle Obama and the Global Girls Alliance.
7. Mindy Kaling: If you haven’t heard about her, you are missing out. Mindy Kaling is a talented woman who acts, directs, produces, and writes. She is most known for her role as Kelly Kapoor in The Office and for The Mindy Project. Furthermore, she is a comedian and breaks the stereotypes of men being better comedians. Not only is a she a woman of many talents, but she is also proud of her Indian heritage.
8. Eva Longoria: She is a Mexican-American actress, most known for her role as Gabrielle Solis on Desperate Housewives. Eva Longoria is a perfect role model for young women. She is an activist, who fights for equality and social change, and is a philanthropist. She is always generously helping others and bringing positivity.
These are only a few of the many women, because ALL women are strong, inspiring, and beautiful. Like Beyoncé said, WE RUN THE WORLD!